Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cards and Quilts

I just thought I'd share what I've been working on the past couple days. The table runner above I made today. The fabric is all from the "Grand Finale" line by Moda. And it was my very first attempt at applique. I did some little leaves and acorns. It definitely takes a bit more time to do, but it was fun and it's different. This runner is listed on Etsy for $32.00 if anyone is interested.

These are a few cards that I made yesterday. I use my decorative painting style when painting these cards, much like I use for my cigar boxes. I had several of these listed on Etsy but no one seemed interested, so I took them to the gallery instead. I've sold quite a few, so I thought it would be fun to make some more. I don't know about any of you, but I still like to send cards. We are all so much into technology now that people don't send letters and cards like they used to. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :)

I hope you all have a great night!

0 comments: