Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals

"A New England Lighthouse" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting



It's that time of year again - time to start thinking about setting goals for the new year. I recently found my list of art goals that I'd set for 2011. There are many that I didn't meet (such as the number of paintings that I wanted to accomplish) and some that I did (such as my financial goals related to my art). Even though I didn't meet many of my goals, I still believe in setting them. Goals give you something to strive for and even if you don't achieve them, you're still moving forward.


For this year I'm not going to set a goal for a certain number of paintings that I want to do. Instead, I've made a resolution to find a better balance for my art and quilting. I think I've come up with something that will work. Instead of trying to paint one day and quilt the next, I'm going to alternate weeks. One week I'll paint, and the next I'll quilt. It should work rather well.


I'd love to hear your art related goals for the new year!

0 comments: