Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 13 - Painting Challenge


It's a photograph today. I love this picture. The colors of the Dahlia petals are just stunning. I think it would make a great pastel painting.. hmmm... All I need is more ideas! :)

I received an order of art supplies yesterday so I'm excited to break them in and try some new things. I mentioned botany artist Billy Showell the other day. I've been wanting to try some realism in watercolor (inspired by her), because I have more of a loose style, but I didn't have any hotpress paper. I've never even seen hotpress paper before, so I was quite surprised at the type of surface it is. I generally enjoy painting on rough watercolor paper, so this is very different. Now my only problem is finding the time. I'm expecting some company next week, and I've been busy getting the house ready. So, I will continue posting what I can, when I can. :)

Today's Quote: "I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers." - Claude Monet

Have a great weekend!!!

0 comments: