Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 2 - Painting Challenge

Today's painting is titled "Garden Pansies." It's a 5 x 7 on rough 140lb watercolor paper. The reference photos I used for this painting are pictures I took of pansies that I planted last year. Speaking of which, pansies are supposed to be annuals, but I have some from last year that are still thriving. I dug most of them out to make room for new annuals, but I forgot a small patch. Now I wish I would have just left them.

Anyway, this painting was a lot of fun to do. I've never painted pansies in watercolor before, but I already have ideas for bigger paintings with them. This painting just might be available for sale in my Etsy store soon. :)

Today's quote: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

0 comments: