Saturday, August 28, 2010

Water Lily

I'm back! I finally finished a painting, can you believe it? It felt so great to be painting again today. This painting is called "Water Lily" and it's another 5 by 7 on Ampersand Pastelbord. It was completed with a combination of soft pastels and pastel pencils.
I have been so busy, with my family visiting, with school, and with the recent news that I will be represented by my first gallery in 2 months. I have so much to do in preparation for it, and finding time to paint has been difficult. But today I decided I would give myself the entire day to finally sit down and do some painting.
I'm going to hold on to this painting and maybe it will end up framed in the gallery. :) I have to choose about 6-8 paintings to start. I know that I want to use some that I already have, and I wanted to paint a couple of new ones.
Well I hope you all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Grant-Grey Guda said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey

Darren love said...

Nice work Angela,....love your blog!

Angela said...

Thank you both for your kind words :)

joey said...

You are very talented, Angela. Enjoyed my visit and delighted to connect.

Angela said...

Thank you Joey! I've been enjoying looking through your blog too! I can't wait to complete a painting from one of your lovely photographs. :)