Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Apple Line Up

"Apple Line Up" 9 by 12, Pastel Painting
NFS
I completed this painting this morning in an effort to loosen up. I went along with a demonstration in a book I have. I didn't start with any drawing at all, which wasn't too difficult because they're just apples, but it was a different approach than I'm used to. I didn't want to use one of my pastelbords for this practice piece, so I used colorfix paper instead and I wasn't able to apply nearly as many layers of pastel.
I also completed this painting standing up at my easel, which I have never done. I usually paint small, so I find it easier to sit, but I enjoyed standing. I also think it may help me loosen up.
Have a great day!

1 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi Angela!... Noticed that "You" had visited my site and left a nice compliment!

I was intrigued to see your work... and was suitably rewarded... and impressed to find the high quality present in each of the genres you work in... particularly your pet interests!

"We" are all passion-driven to create and express our Selves. "We" are ALL students of our passion... regardless of age. Should that ever change... we are no longer artists... and we are no longer growing!

Keep painting! Keep your dreams in your hands and heart... and good things will always follow!

Good Painting!... and a very Merry Christmas! "I" will be checking in on "You" and your work from time to time!
Warm regards,
Bruce Sherman