Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Maverick

"Maverick" 11 by 14, Pastel Painting Commission
SOLD

My first pet portrait commission is complete! Maverick was just a joy to paint. I was a little nervous about this because the customer wanted an 11 by 14 and the largest I've ever painted a pet portrait is a 5 by 7. But it turned out not to be a big deal, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Maverick was completed on pastelbord and with mostly Mount Vision pastels and a few pastel pencils.

If you're interested in a pet portrait of our own, just let me know. I will be working on some pet portrait commission listings to add to my Etsy shop also.

Have a nice afternoon!

1 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

You did an awesome job capturing this little guy's personality! Very nice! And that's the most controlled, detailed pastel work I've ever seen! Wow!