Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pears On Deck - WIP

I don't generally post works in progress, but I thought I would today. The picture isn't that great, but you get the idea. I'm working on my first "painting of the month." It was a goal of mine this year to begin doing a painting of month, which is just a larger more detailed piece. This painting is only an 8 by 10, which isn't too large, but I'm low on large pastelbords.
I'm quite happy with the way this painting is progressing so far. I couldn't wait to get to the pears. I used masking fluid around the edges so that I wouldn't completely lose the lines when I did the background. Removing the masking fluid was a nightmare.
I'm going to continue working on this today, but wanted to show you what I have so far.
I hope you have a great weekend!

0 comments: