Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nap Time

"Nap Time" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
"Nap Time" is my entry for the Contemporary Fine Art International January art challenge. The word for the month is "cuddle." This sleeping kitty definitely said "cuddly" to me.
This painting was done on pastelbord with pastel sticks and pencils. I actually had a difficult time with this one and it almost ended up in the trash. I'm glad I stuck with it, because I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. :)
This painting is available in my Etsy shop.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Sandra Galda said...

your art is so beautiful! I just had to leave a comment here, this cat looks so much like the face of a stray my daughter has taken in to feed and get healthy. Well done Angela!

Jonathan said...

Beautiful pastel painting Angela, you've captured the essence of the cat sleeping. Bravo!