Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shades of Pink

"Shades of Pink" 5 by 7, Watercolor Painting

I know what you're thinking, does that really say "watercolor?" Yes! I have been itching to take out my watercolor palette and I finally did this weekend. Sometimes I just miss mixing my own colors and using a brush.

I had a lot of fun with this painting but I forgot how tedious watercolor can be. I spent a lot more time drying the piece than actually applying paint. I've probably only painted a handful of watercolor paintings in the past year. One of my goals for this year was to dedicate more time to my watercolors so that's what I plan to do. After completing this piece I realized I need a lot of practice! :)

Just a little side note, Laura Trevey is hosting a "Painting a Day" on her blog this month and allowing everyone to share their daily paintings. Click here for more information.

1 comments:

Amber L. Bailey said...

The color is gorgeous! Nice work!