Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bird Watching

"Bird Watching" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

I have to start out this post by thanking Nancy Rose again for allowing me to use one of her beautiful photographs as a reference. Thank you Nancy!

I've been going back and forth between pastels and watercolors and I'm really enjoying it. I definitely want to dedicate some more time to painting animals in pastel so I have a pile of photos ready.

This sweet little kitty was painted on pastelbord with pastel sticks and pencils. It's available in my Etsy shop if you're interested.

Don't forget about the "Painting a Day" event that Laura Trevey is hosting on her blog this month. It's almost over! Click here if you're interested in sharing your work.

2 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Very nice! I like the cats wary expression. The background is awesome too!

Angela said...

Thank you Katherine!