Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bunny Sketch

My hand is feeling much better and I thought I would try painting today. I did work on a painting that I started before I injured my hand, today. Then this afternoon I decided to do a little sketching. I bought this super cute children's book called "Quiet Bunny's Spring Colors" and the bunny in it is just adorable so I decided to try drawing it. I haven't sat down to draw anything in years. I don't consider the drawings I do for my paintings real "drawings" because it's really just an outline.
I have some confidence in my ability to draw/paint animals in realism for my fine art work, but creating a animal character for a children's book is more difficult for me. This is why I need to draw a lot more and just play around.
I've decided to put together an illustration portfolio, or at least to begin planning it. I will need a good 8 -15 illustrations showcasing what I can do. Because I don't draw all that much, I think I will need to spend quite a bit of time on this. I plan to give myself several months to do this because it's not something that I want to rush and I will continue to work on other projects also.
I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

DeanO said...

Very cute drawing Ms. Angela Bishop

Angela said...

Thank you! :)