Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Open Tulip & 200th Post

"Open Tulip" 8 by 10, Watercolor Painting

Ah, it feels so good to be painting again! I was worried that my hand wouldn't heal properly and that I would need surgery. It's not 100% healed, but I am able to write and paint so I am happy. :) And this is my 200th post! Blogging has been a great way for me to share my art with everyone and to receive feedback as well.

I actually started this painting before I hurt my hand and it was difficult to get back to it after almost 2 weeks. I usually like to finish a piece within a day or two so this was a bit of a struggle to get back into, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I originally began this painting thinking that it would end up in the gallery. I'm not sure quite yet. Have to see how it will look framed. I used all Winsor and Newton paints on 140lb cold press paper.

Have a nice afternoon!

5 comments:

Ms. Cheryl said...

Ravishing Red! I'm in mid paint myself and similarly (is that a word ha ha)I like to finish a painting within a few sittings...the longer it draws out the harder it is to finish. Hooray for playing with paint!

SUSAN RODEN said...

Way to go Angela! Welcome back.

Katherine Thomas said...

This is stunning! So glad your hand has healed!

Angela said...

Thank you ladies! :)

Dino said...

Very nice painting .. as shadows on the petals of the flower are depicted very well, but not aggressive .. in a soft tone of the depth of field.

It seems to me that his hand .. it's all good.