Friday, June 11, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 3


"Multilayered" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting
The word prompt from day 3 of Creativity Boot Camp was "multilayered" and this painting is my response to that. I knew as soon as I saw this photograph that it would make a perfect "multilayered" painting. However, it was much more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I really love working in pastels, but it's difficult to achieve fine lines and details. But I took my time and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The word prompt for day 4 is "heavymetal." I'm not sure if I have my idea planned out yet or not - this one is tricky!
Thank you to Kathleen Young for allowing me to use her beautiful photograph as a reference for this painting!

3 comments:

Nancy Medina said...

Angela thank you for your kind note, you made my evening! I am so glad you sent a link to our blog, you are not only an artist in your heart, you are a great writer, too. Thank you so much for sharing your passion and talent for bright, beautiful color!

Bella said...

Hello Angela, Your rose is soo lovely! How wonderful to have such a natural talent!
Bella

Angela said...

Thank you both for your lovely comments!