Friday, July 2, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp Day 12

"Smooth Sailing" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

The word prompt for day 12 of Creativity Boot Camp was "Smooth." Water first came to mind, and then I thought of this picture that I took from a ferry boat on my way to Mackinac Island last summer. It worked perfectly!

I'm slightly disappointed by the scan of this painting. It just didn't pick up the subtle colors very well. There is a lot of soft purple and pink the sky and water that you can't really see from this scan. Oh well, you get the idea.

I used mostly soft pastels for this painting, and just touches of pastel pencil for the sail boat. I absolutely love painting skies and water, especially together. It's been quite some time since I have, and my love for it was rekindled with this painting! :)
Just one more painting to go for Creativity Boot Camp!

0 comments: